[Gllug] Hiring servers - uk2.net

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Wed Sep 26 14:52:16 UTC 2001

On 26 Sep 2001 15:29:41 +0100, tet at accucard.com wrote:
> So are Colt, but that doesn't mean they're perfect. For example, even
> though all out servers are in a rack with a combination lock, you don't
> need to know the combination -- just yank on the door and it opens...

Do you not administer your own rack?  I was talking more of datacentre
security than your own personal (or corporate) measures.. you'd hope
that even with a broken lock on your rack, no-one's going to be walking
out with one of your servers without the contact for the rack sending
PGP-signed mail or a fax[1] okaying it.  Or so I'd hope, at least.  :-)

~C.

[1]: And hopefully with the "No, I /am/ clueful enough to use
cryptography and don't want someone who has my company logo to be able
to act as me because they have a fax machine." box ticked.

--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk