[Gllug] RE: [Glut] Official country code for Britain = GB or UK?

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 12:48:15 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 12:27, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 12:54:33AM +0100, E. R. Vaughan wrote:
> > I am aware of this.  but I think we could lose the "Great" :) Thanks to Bruce
> > for clearing up where that came from though! What I meant was that everyone
> > just says "UK" now, when asked where they live on IRC etc...
>
> No, I say London.  Anyone who doesn't know where that is, or thinks I mean
> some irrelevant little village in the colonies which copied the name is not
> worth talking to.

WHAT! I hope you are taking the P and are just pretending to be  some
ignorant, arrogant Englishman who hasn't even seen his own country
properly, let alone some "irrelevant" colony. Always makes me laugh. "Oh
yes. Australia, Isn't that where we sent all the convicts?" Well the
crooks had the last laugh didn't they. Where would you rather be.
Skegness or Bondi Beach? :-)

Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk