[Gllug] Fetchmail/sendmail/spam problem.

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Sun Apr 14 00:04:49 UTC 2002

Hi all.  I'm getting a probelm with my Fetchmail -> sendmail setup for
my incoming POP3 email when I get spam from domains that don't resolve.
E.g:

$ fetchmail
reading message william at palfreman.com:1 of 10 (1517 octets)
fetchmail: SMTP error: 451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address
bestrate at group10.2gigfree2002.com does not resolve
. not flushed

The problem is that it jams on the name resolution of this spam - which
I seem to get every other day - and doesn't flush it, meaning that I
have to ssh into the account and delete it by hand.

This is what my logs say:

Apr 14 00:46:10 wks0 sendmail[310]: g3DNj7Ve000310: ruleset=check_mail,
arg1=
<bestrate at group10.2gigfree2002.com>, relay=localhost.ks.palfreman.com
[127.0.0.1], reject=451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address
bestrate at group10.2gigfree2002.com does not resolve

What I would like to do is fail incoming messages from Fetchmail who's
domain names don't resolve in a clean manner - like Fetchmail just
deleting them or at least not interupting my mail delivery, or maybe
sendmail blackholeing mail from unresolverble domains

Any ideas on how best to do this?

TIA,
Bill.

--
W. Palfreman. 		http://www.palfreman.com/william/
Tel: 0771 355 0354	PGP ftp://ftp.palfreman.com/pub/wfpkey.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk