[Gllug] X 4.2.0 and Matrox Millenium G550

Ian Baillie ibaillie at aladdinsystems.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 11:40:15 UTC 2002

Thanks John,

X is only the abbreviation I used in the EMail for XFree86 (sorry).  The
permissions for /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 where rwx--x--x, but I changed this as
you suggested.

I also changed the settings (using Sax2) to xinerama and I now have the
functionality I require.  I previously had them set as 2 different screens,
which functions slightly differently, e.g. you can't move apps between the 2
screens, but has other advantages like opening a new message (using kmail) in
the same screen as the application.  If I now open KMail on screen 2, and
then double click on a message, it opens it on screen 1.

Thanks anyway,

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk