[Gllug] Amazon prices

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 12:21:21 UTC 2002

 I do wonder if higher petrol prices, lower productivity, higher profit
 margins expectation by co's, higher willingness by consumers to pay more,
 ..., in the UK have something to do with higher prices.

 Since I moved to London, 4 1/2 years ago, I have observed a clear move
 from the old british little islanders syndrome,
 "we don't care/know about the rest of the world"
 to a much more opened and deeper knowledge of foreign * by the man on the street.

 Then there is the media, most car owners in the UK a few years ago were
 quite happy paying through the nose for their wheels, change was only
 been due to more information available, and the same with products.

 We might thing we save a few quids by buying america(1) mainly and other
 countries as well products, that's  because lower costs there, then if
 you add the ecological "MASSIVE" cost  of shipping, plus the "more relaxed
 anti-pollution laws", plus lower social costs & BENEFITS..., plus that
 money is going out the country, therefore tax, vat, is not paid here.

 Simply, you help pollute, underfund UK NHS, taxman, the creation of jobs,
 make big internationals more powerful, witch do whatever possible to
 exploit consumers, lobby for the restriction of your rights, ........

 All this can be applied to most products, from foreign countries, where
 ecological and social issues are less respected.

            ££ DO NOT REFLECT THE REAL COST.

 That is why everytime somebody brags about "my new powerfull/faster
 whatever" I wonder  ...

 Monthly rant done, please DO THINK, AND REUSE/RECYCLE...

                                    Formi.

(1) And you help pay for the BOMBING of foreign countries...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk