[Gllug] MAIL environment variable

Clive Hills chills at chills.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 30 12:46:50 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 13:36, Stan wrote:
> I've setup a machine with debian woody and qmail
>
> It puts the mail in $HOME/Mailbox
>
> I edited /etc/profile to include
>
> MAIL="$HOME/Mailbox"
>
> This seems to come through if the user's shell is /bin/bash but not if
> it's /usr/bin/tcsh in which case it seems to be set as /var/mail/$USER

I think you'll find that /etc/csh.login is the right place to do this
for csh derived shells.

Nice to see my old College is finally on the net btw.

Regards
Clive

--
Clive Hills | Unemployed Solaris/Linux System   | e:
chills at chills.demon.co.uk
Crayford    | Administration, Shell / Perl  	| t: 01322 550166
Kent UK	    | Reality/uniVerse/Pick DBA         | t: 07977 013387
     /* Looking for work in London City,Docklands, or West End */

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk