[Gllug] Too much work, lazy computer!

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Tue Apr 30 12:45:22 UTC 2002

Hi,

My newly installed debian 3.0 box has started complaining there is too much
work to do with messages soemthing like:

eth0: Too much work to do

but it isn't doing much more than PPP over serial, ethernet (1 card) and
iptables.
I seem to remember someone saying something about serial and other stuff
being a problem but I can't remember where (and even if it was on this
list).
I was going to compile my own kernel and patch it with the preemtible
patches to see if that was an improvement, but I have to free some space
first (or add another drive).

I probably should mention that this is a 486DX4-100MHz and that the network
card is PCI.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk