[Gllug] Ipchains prblem with 2.4.9

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Apr 29 09:37:52 UTC 2002

Message from:-
Tim Clarke  (tim at seacon.co.uk)
Seacon Group Ltd / Seacon Terminals Ltd,
Tower Wharf, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 9BD, UK
Telephone: +44 (0)1474 320000
      Fax: +44 (0)1474 329946

Will wrote concerning problem with ipchains on 2.4.9 kernel

I have a 2.4 series kernel on a machine here and I believe 2.4.- kernels
by default use iptables rather than ipchains.  I had to specifically re-config
and compile the kernel specifying ipchains to get it to work.  I am not sure
about installing ipchains as a module; it would seem to make sense to have it
permanently residing in the kernel, bearing in mind that IP is likely to be in
use constantly

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk