[Gllug] M$ looks at ITV digital

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon Apr 29 09:47:50 UTC 2002

>*grr* Digital TV is such a wasted opportunity.

Agreed. My main complaint is the the government have screwed the consumer
in favour of big business. As things stand at the moment, I can just go
into Dixons and buy a TV. However, with the advent of digital terrestrial
TV, I won't be able to do that any more. I'll have to go and buy a Sky
Digital TV, or a Microsoft Digital TV, or whoever else. Sure, I'll be able
to receive terrestrial digital TV no matter which I get. But if they'd
mandated a unified digital format, then all the broadcasters would have
to conform, and would then be forced to compete on price and quality of
content (shock, horror!). I'd be able to pick and choose channels from
both Sky and ITV Digitial on the same TV without having to get multiple
decoders. But sadly ti didn't work out that way :-(

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk