[:BLIP:][Gllug] Request from academic researcher

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Apr 2 12:02:09 UTC 2002

On Sunday, 31 Mar 2002, Jim wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 03:48:04PM -0600, Utpal M. Dholakia wrote:
>>http://www.surveypro.com/cgi-bin/surveypro/run_survey.cgi?id=2444
>Am I the only person here who finds this survey a bit weird and over
>personal.  I will not be filling it in but I am wondering if I am being
>over sensitive.  I confess to an instinctive dislike of the
>quantification of human existence by sociologists and psychologists.

It does seem that many of the questions would be better suited to a
group who meet regularly for orgies than a LUG.

That aside, paranoia might note that we answer a lot of questions
about spending money at the end and supply our email addresses to
'SurveyPro', an organisation of unknown provenance - and there is
nothing to confirm that the real Dr. Dholakia (he _is_ real) is
actually involved with this.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk