[Gllug] RE: [Glut] Official country code for Britain = GB or UK?

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Sun Apr 14 20:38:13 UTC 2002

E. R. Vaughan wrote:
FWIW I think "Great Britain" is archaic...

Hi,

Great Britain means England, Scotland and Wales.
UK means, the above + Northern Ireland.
British Isles means GB +  Ireland. (and maybe the other little bits like
jersey)

I may be wrong here, I've just had the best part of 4 pints and a bottle of
wine and am v.upset following Fulham losing to Chelsea in the FA semi
final...though they should have had one of their fsckers sent off for a
deliberate hand-ball... boo hoo...

kr,
Liam
...Still supporting Fulham come rain or come shine...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk