[Gllug] ADSL router recommendations?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Apr 24 18:59:48 UTC 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 02:18:55PM +0100, tet wrote:

> >Usenet is about the only thing I can think of..
>
> Really? Is there anything worthwhile there any more? I stopped reading
> news around 1993/94 or so, when the amount of spam and generally poor
> signal to noise ratio made it pointless. Have things improved since
> then?

Some ngs are more usful than others but where it works it's still the
best way to throw a question at a large audience in the hope of a
clueful reply or discussion.

> PS. FYI, F2S used to offer a usenet feed, until it became apparent that
>     the support costs involved couldn't be justified, so they discontinued
>     it a few years ago. I can't say I noticed the loss...

So you're all right, Jack.  FYI, the news server was reinstated
recently.  If F2S ever notified their customers of anything, you'd know
that.

I'm happy with the connection but since F2S was being plugged (and by
someone who hasn't used the service) I thought it fair to add some
context.

--
Bruce

The ice-caps are melting, tra-la-la-la.  All the world is drowning,
tra-la-la-la-la.  -- Tiny Tim.