[Gllug] ADSL router recommendations?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Apr 24 18:47:36 UTC 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 01:57:32PM +0100, tet wrote:

> >The speed is good and their technical staff are able but have a look
> >at their website to see how minimal a service they provide outside
> >of the connection itself.
>
> Just to play devil's advocate, what services do you need other
> than the connection? I'd have thought most people here wouldn't
> want anything more than that...

Not everybody on the list is a scary Linux sysadmin with a proper beard.
Beyond that, the FAQ and other documentation on the F2S site is derisory
and doesn't even document the services they do operate sufficiently.  To
find details of (for example) the backup dial-in account you have to go
to a user forum like adslguide or pester support till they have time to
answer a non-urgent query.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.