[Gllug] RE: [Glut] Official country code for Britain = GB or UK?

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Apr 14 23:54:22 UTC 2002

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 09:38:13PM +0100, Liam wrote:
> > E. R. Vaughan wrote:
> > FWIW I think "Great Britain" is archaic...
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Great Britain means England, Scotland and Wales.
>
> Whatever the legal meaning, "Great Britain" is so called to distinguish
> it from "Lesser Britain" i.e. Brittany.

 It reminds of the great ability of the inhabitants of these islands
 to make something simple really complicated.

 All this different ways of calling the country sound to me as the
 love to classify too much, people are asian, black jamaican, black
 africa, white british, or bloody foreign (pleased to be called that) ....

 Have you read about how foreign countries praised the "Queen Mother
 Funeral", saying "Nobody does it better than the english".

 If only were they speaking about something actually useful, like the NHS,
 tube, ...

              Me talking rubbish as usual.

						Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk