[Gllug] Squid Messages

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Apr 21 14:18:34 UTC 2002

 Hi,

 I have been collecting a few ad sites addesses and banning them with
 squid, and I find the messages I keep getting in the place of the banned
 pics a bit annoying.

 I edited the error file of squid and reduced it to the bare minimum, as
 shown below:

 Access Denied.
 Generated Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:25:03 GMT by xxx.homelan.org (Squid/2.4.STABLE4)

 Is there any way to stop squid from showing anything?
 Is there any interactive way of adding addresses to the acl lists?

 I checked squidguard, but it is a bit too much for a dial-up link, and
 only 48 megs of ram.

 Regards,

                   Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk