[Gllug] vmware ate my floppy drive

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Tue Apr 30 23:41:33 UTC 2002

Rev Simon Rumble(simon at rumble.net)@Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 06:07:58PM +0100:
> On Tue 30 Apr, Vincent AE Scott bloviated thus:
>
> > have you tried the latest and greatest version?
>
> You mean the latest and greatest version of VMWare?  No.  They wanted
> to hit me up for another US$99 and I declined.  I'm beginning to
> regret the decision.
>
> >  had some problems with the last workstation v.2, but it's all working
> > again now for me at least.  and BTW i have a fairly heavily patched
> > 2.4.18 kernel.
>
> Hmmm, how did you get it all working?  Have you got a
> latest-and-greatest patch?

i downloaded the last v3 beta before it went release.  it seemed to work
ok, once i did a 'ulimit -f unlimited'.  you might want to try
downloading the 'trial' version to see if that works OK.  at least then
you'll know for certain that it can work, and that its VMware's fault.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 War is God's way of teaching Americans geography
 -- Paul Rodriguez

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk