[Gllug] compiling 2.5 kernels

Dave Jones davej at suse.de
Thu Apr 18 14:04:28 UTC 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 01:47:49PM +0100, Stephen Harker wrote:
 > Dunno. I just sort of waded in there with gcc-3.04 and hoped for the
 > best. I have a compiled kernel but it craps out compiling various
 > modules (ATA-Raid, I20, other EXPERIMENTAL stuff)

*nod*, the block layer shake up that went on in 2.5.1 hasn't really
been recovered from yet. A lot of SCSI drivers are in even worse state.
They compile, but lack error handling, so if something bad happens,
well.. you hope for the best.

If any of you are curious btw, I (try to) keep an up to date list
of known problems with 2.5 at http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/Linux-2.5.html

 > PS. It just stopped on Western Digital Network driver module so *SNIP*.
 > Attempt No. 7...

That's a new one on me, can you send me the compile failure output ?

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk