[Gllug] Digital TV ( rapidly becoming OT? )

Ian Scott ian.scott at mediasurface.com
Mon Apr 29 13:41:10 UTC 2002

> Simon 'ranted' concerning digital TV;
>
> when does HM Government ever do anything right ?
>
> as always governments priorities are:
> a) staying in power
> b) raking in as much money from us poor suckers as possible
>
> running the country sensibly comes right down the list of priorities

> Tim
However, the whole idea of democracy is that they can only achieve (a) if they
do what we want them to do (or, to put it more completely, manage to convince
a sufficient number of those of us that feel strongly enough to vote that they
are less bad than the alternatives).

Also, if voters were all more rational, you'd think how well they ran the
country would affect who we voted for - but sadly, the electorate seems quite
keen to vote in whoever offers them the best service/tax ration (see b)

So, in a roundabout way, it's all our fault.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk