[:BLIP:][Gllug] php4 and apache

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Apr 15 10:34:39 UTC 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 11:12:20AM +0100, Stephen Harker wrote:
> Hello all
> How do I set up different versions of php4 to run under apache at the
> same time. What I mean is, a friend of mine who is a developer (I am
> not) wants to be able to test his script under, for instance, php4.0.6
> AND php4.1.2 because different web hosting companies are at different
> versions. Is this easy to do? I have started looking at apache.conf and
> I guess I just compile the different sources to different directories
> and tell apache where they are. What goes at the head of the script? Can
> you define a php path in the .php script itself?

I'd be tempted to use 2 installations of Apache, each sitting in
different directories and bound to different ports (80 and 8080?) to
keep things as seperate as possible. Also, I'm quite doubtful that you
can do what you want to do in one single Apache installation (at
least, not simultaneously)

Cheers,

Simon

--