[Gllug] php4 and apache

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Mon Apr 15 10:33:54 UTC 2002

> How do I set up different versions of php4 to run under apache at
> the same time. What I mean is, a friend of mine who is a developer
> (I am not) wants to be able to test his script under, for
> instance, php4.0.6 AND php4.1.2 because different web hosting
> companies are at different versions. Is this easy to do? I have
> started looking at apache.conf and I guess I just compile the
> different sources to different directories and tell apache where
> they are. What goes at the head of the script? Can you define a
> php path in the .php script itself?

we do this kind of stuff alot...

we generally compile the modules into apache, which can lead to some
dramas on its own, but we have several apaches running on different
high ports, ie:

 port 10080 developer1
 port 10443 developer1
 port 11080 developer2
 port 11443 developer2

'cause the developers are bouncing the apache servers all the time,
it doesn't matter so much, as they don't need to be root in order to
restart them ...

yours,

kim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk