[Gllug] OT computers in the movies

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Aug 27 10:59:59 UTC 2002

>Anyone have better examples of computer fantasy at the movies? I know
>MacOS made it into Independance Day right? Windows has been in lots of
>films but what about Linux? :-)

Haven't seen it myself yet, but AntiTrust apparently has a high Linux
presence on screen. Other than that, though, there's more isntances
than I care to count of people using a scrolling list of USENET groups
in rn/trn as a generic "stuff happeneing on a computer" effect. I've also
seen various C source files scrolling past to achieve the same effect.

Tet