[Gllug] OT computers in the movies

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Aug 27 11:39:10 UTC 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 11:59:59AM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> >Anyone have better examples of computer fantasy at the movies? I know
> >MacOS made it into Independance Day right? Windows has been in lots of
> >films but what about Linux? :-)
>
> Haven't seen it myself yet, but AntiTrust apparently has a high Linux
> presence on screen. Other than that, though, there's more isntances
> than I care to count of people using a scrolling list of USENET groups
> in rn/trn as a generic "stuff happeneing on a computer" effect. I've also
> seen various C source files scrolling past to achieve the same effect.

Battle Royale has a chunk of C source code flying up the screen at
times. The funny thing is that it's commented. That's a really
professional coder, there. Even with an explosive collar around his
neck and massively tight deadlines, he still puts in multi-line
comments. Bless.

Antitrust was a laughable film. And not in a good way.

Cheers,

Simon

--
Beware of programmers carrying screwdrivers!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk