[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu Aug 8 08:42:18 UTC 2002

>There are only two possibilities here:
>
>- he hates Lisp because it isn't Perl
>- he hates Lisp because it isn't Haskell or Curry

Actually, no, I like lisp, precisely because it *isn't* perl.
Never used the other two, but from what I understand, Haskell
is essentially a derivative of Miranda. If that's the case,
then I *definitely* prefer lisp.

But the problem is, much as I like lisp, I loathe emacs as an
editor. I simply haven't yet found as efficient a way to enter
text into a file as with vi.

I wonder... is it possible to use the emacs lisp interpreter without
the overhead of the emacs editor? Now *that* would be a product worth
having.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk