[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Thu Aug 8 09:11:00 UTC 2002

>>> On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:42:18 +0100, Tethys <tet at accucard.com> said:

   Tet> I wonder... is it possible to use the emacs lisp interpreter
   Tet> without the overhead of the emacs editor?

This is present in the Emacs distribution, as `temacs'.  It's the Emacs
Lisp interpreter and I/O routines without the editor, and it's used to
build the Emacs executable itself at compile-time.

   Tet> Now *that* would be a  product worth having.

I don't see why.  Common Lisp and Scheme compilers are both available,
and both languages are ``considered'' far more pleasant than Emacs Lisp.
In fact, there's usually at least one person at a time out there trying
to port Emacs from Emacs Lisp to Common Lisp..

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk