[Gllug] vi question

Pavel Bradut Boghita bradut at freeuk.com
Thu Aug 29 19:16:12 UTC 2002

Hello list,

I tend to use mainly vi for editing text, altough I am just about touching
its surface in terms of being able to use it well.
While editing a html file, I've noticed that at the end of each line appears
a "^M" (without the inverted commas). I've inserted a very long line without
the "^M" at the end of the line and it made no difference. My browser still
displayed the page as normal,  wrapping the text as imposed by the its
window size.

Does anyone know what is the role of this "^M" if any ?

Thanks a lot

Bradut

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk