[Gllug] rpm-get issues

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Tue Aug 6 15:42:30 UTC 2002

Greetings

I know debian and apt-get is completely cool and tops, but I have Mandrake at
home, and I thought I'd have a go at getting rpm-get to work. I can configure
it for using various mirrors, but when it connects to the ftp server it
compains that it can't find the directories it needs. At one point I had it
pointing to the correct directories, but it then couldn't find the list file
(RPM-list.bz or something similar).

Is there some magical incantation I have forgotten to utter?

If anyone has successfully used rpm-get, could they tell me the correct ftp
addresses I need, or what I might be doing wrong? I have rpm-get 1.5

Is this even worth pursuing, or is rpm-get a load of dingo's kindeys? It's
just I'm getting really sick of never ending rpm dependency trees. Novel at
first, now a real pita.

Cheers

--
Jonathan Harker