[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Aug 6 08:23:21 UTC 2002

Nix writes:

>> Much though I like Evo, it does have the habit of throwing fits from
>> time to time.
>
>This does *not* make me more willing to use it :(

Agreed. There are other reasons, too, though. I'm concerned about
Ximian's approach to security ("just download this file from the
net and pipe it into a root shell"), and I have grave doubts about
Evolution having a virus-free future. But apart from that, I *need*
an email client that supports a text only mode, for those times when
I'm logged in remotely with an 80x25 terminal emulator (and when X11
forwarding over ssh isn't available). The ability to read my mail
by sshing into my home machine from an internet cafe while in Canada
was something I wouldn't want to give up. So to that end, I'm using
MH. I've been using exmh as a front end, but it has some failings
that I'm not entirely happy with, so I'm toying with Sylpheed. It's
not perfect, but it's certainly showing promise...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk