[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Tue Aug 6 13:42:40 UTC 2002

Tethys <tet at accucard.com> writes:
[snip]

> But apart from that, I *need*
> an email client that supports a text only mode, for those times when
> I'm logged in remotely with an 80x25 terminal emulator (and when X11
> forwarding over ssh isn't available). The ability to read my mail
> by sshing into my home machine from an internet cafe while in Canada
> was something I wouldn't want to give up. So to that end, I'm using
> MH. I've been using exmh as a front end, but it has some failings
> that I'm not entirely happy with, so I'm toying with Sylpheed. It's
> not perfect, but it's certainly showing promise...

And RMAIL/Gnus is bad because? [No, it's a serious question: I do my
best typing in Emacs, so the idea that people who *could* use it
*wouldn't* is ... worrying...] Admittedly, the emacs dependencies on X
libraries can prove irritating, but remembrance-agent should make up for
that.

cheers, Rich

rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
                                 London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk