[Gllug] [OT] Automatic weapons

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Aug 13 09:04:41 UTC 2002

>Funny you should say that...
>In these parts you are required to go off and fire automatic weapons
>(I think at least once a year), just to keep your hand in.

Which is always nice to quote at people when they claim gun ownership
and violent crime are inexplicably linked. Switzerland has the world's
highest per capita ownership of firearms, yet they're hardly renowned
for massive outbreaks of violence. In fact last year's Hungerford-style
mad bloke with gun rampage was their first in living memory, IIRC.

But still, I'm with the others who haven't been keeping up to date with
their Sunday archery practice[1]. I really must do something about that!

Tet

[1] To tell the truth, I've only tried it once, but I enjoyed it enough
    that I ought to do it more often. Not that I was much good, mind...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk