[Gllug] OT computers in the movies

Pavel Bradut Boghita bradut at freeuk.com
Wed Aug 28 22:54:32 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 11:44 pm, you wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 22:57, Liam Delahunty wrote:
> > I wrote:
> > >Haven't seen the film, but read the book Contact (Carl Sagan), though to
> > > be honest not sure what came first...
> > >http://us.imdb.com/Title?0118884
> >
> > The book did, just read that he (Carl Sagan) died during production of
> > the movie.
>
> That's a relatively strong hint, isn't it?
>
> I was going to reply that I'd read Contact some time before the film
> came out. Apparently the film is not worth seeing, even if you haven't
> read the book. :-)
>
> Dave.

In my opinion (I haven't read the book) the film is badly let down by the
final scene when the woman scientist meets kids.
It's badly acted, badly directed, gratuitous ....it's just awful. So if you could stop your player
before that scene takes off and just have "the heroine" gazing at the sky all
by herself.... the film is not that bad.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk