[Gllug] Browser and sound server problems on workstation of LTSP

Stephen Liu satimis at writeme.com
Thu Aug 29 03:14:04 UTC 2002

Hi all folks,

I finally complete the setup of a LTSP server through a hard way.  Now the
workstation can connect with the Terminal Server.  But I still have some
problems remained unsolved as follows:

OS:  RH7.3
Connection : via a crossover cable (this is only an experiment)

1) Browser problem
On Workstation: login as user
Mozilla and netscape can be started but die immediately on trying visiting
a website.  Konqueror works without problem.

On Terminal Server: login as user
Mozilla, netscape and Konqueror, all of them, works properly without problem.

I tried several times and could not discover the cause of this
problem.  Can any folk on the list shed me some light

2) Sound driver problem
Sound server of workstation was not working with following warning pop-up
"Sound server information message
Error while initializing the sound driver
device /dev/dco cab't be opened (permission denied
The sound sever will continue using the null output device"

Could any folk give me some pre-advice to try

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk