[Gllug] OT: Online Natwest banking

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Thu Aug 15 11:36:55 UTC 2002

> I'm moving to Smile, who provided a far faster, friendly response to
> the same query that actually seemed to get to the heart of the problem
> rather than addressing a symptom of it.

Yes I find NatWest to be hopeless in all areas, finally got a good
account manager and she has help smooth out most problems (not internet
banking ones though, doesn't have email yet!).  I will look at smile, do
they do business banking (Well accept a business setting up an account)?
Actually don't get me started about UK banks! NatWest is my 3rd bank
move, and they are a little better than the previous, went to them
because of online banking.  Would be happy to move again.

Frustrating thing I find about the online banking is each banks online
demo seams really good, yet you have to F round jumping hoops (business
banking anyway) to get an account to find the real service is pants!
It's all marketing I guess but the demo's don't run the same technology
as the real ones from what I've found, which makes it difficult to test
speed/compatibility.  Using NatWest OLB from NZ was very time consuming
to say the least and frustrating since they dump you out after 5mins in
activity.  I also have a bitch about all the applet crap that people put
on their sites that grinds my little p133 laptop running win95 to a
halt.  One of the reasons I like Dillo, it ignores all this crap, no
good for my banking though.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk