[Gllug] perl script

Nick Mailer nickm at positive-internet.com
Thu Aug 22 23:13:46 UTC 2002

On Thursday 22 August 2002 9:53 am, Tethys wrote:
> >opendir (DIR, '.');
> >foreach ( grep {/\.jpeg$/} readdir DIR ) {
> >    /^(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.*)$/;
> >    rename ($_, "$4$5$3$1$2$6");
> >}
>
> Proof positive once again that perl should be avoided wherever possible!

That's very unfair. I wrote it in a deliberately compact way there so he could
just paste and go. I could have expanded it such that it would have been
substantially more readable than even your shell script. Perl, like English,
gives me the flexibility to express myself as tersely or in as purple a
programming prose as I wish ;-) Or would you have that I use Esperanto too?
;-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk