[Gllug] Hardware recommendation, esp. SANs and shared storage

Matthew Kirkwood matthew at hairy.beasts.org
Thu Aug 8 16:11:24 UTC 2002

On 8 Aug 2002, Chris Ball wrote:

>    MK> Hi, We're looking to put together some fairly hefty Oracle
>    MK> servers, initially configured as primary and standby, but

> Oracle are supporting Linux again?  Last I heard they were only
> supporting Red Hat, and then I got the impression that they were
> ditching RH owing to library brokenness in most of 7.x..

Oracle have trouble making up their minds about these
things.  They used to certify occasional releases of
Red Hat and SuSE, then they fell out with RH and would
only do SuSE, now they seem to like both again.

Of course, there's a difference between "supported",
"certified" and "recommended", and I bet there's a big
section of the internal support policy manual about
ignoring troublesome customers with non-certified
configurations.

Matthew.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk