[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 22:35:34 UTC 2002

Re:-
>'Stand on top of hill in a thunderstorm, dressed in copper armour and
>yelling "All gods are bastards?"' perhaps?
--Simon Stewart Dated: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:07:59 +0100

On a theoretical level should it not be safer to wear copper armour in a
thunderstorm than ordinary clothes? I thought that the charge passes over the
outside of the metal to earth, but doesn't transfer to the region inside the
conductor. No doubt someone on this list knows, or has a view. Not that I'm
volunteering to try this theory out. But given the choice between that and
"Lion taming after coating yourself with BBQ sauce"...
--
Regards from Mark Preston

www.markpreston.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk