[Gllug] IP phones

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Thu Aug 1 12:38:16 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 12:49:09PM +0100, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> There are a few IP phones available.  Many of them use a USB port and
> windows software.
>
> What I am looking for is one that will either work with both Linux and
> windows or as a standalone unit on an ethernet connection.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with IP phones and can they recommend one.

If you haven't gone there already http://www.linuxtelephony.org/ there
are lots of links off to products and articles including IP phones that
will work under linux and therefore prolly Windows as well.  I messed
about a long whilea go with IP telephony but only at an evaluation level
no hard experience, sorry.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk