[Gllug] Icewm

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 24 15:15:56 UTC 2002

Tethys wrote:

> >PS the Regattas can run Linux too, but you have to split them into
> >logical partitions first
>
> Logical partitions on an RS6000? Tell me more. I thought that was
> only available for AS400s and S390s (sorry, pSeries, iSeries and
> zSeries, respectively). I have several unused RS6000s, and if I
> could use LPAR to get multiple Linux servers, I can put them to
> good use...

It's only available on the new top end models, you can't do it on any
old RS/6000. If yours could do it you would know about it, sorry. See
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/pseries/lpar/. Note that these
systems start at $175,000 (for a p670). Now if you had an old mainframe
or two lying around..

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk