[Gllug] any have SoundBlaster PCI16 working in Linux?

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Fri Aug 16 08:22:50 UTC 2002

It's not talking about the speaker IN is it?  I know some sound cards have
an input for the normal PC speaker output to be plugged into so all sound
including PC speaker goes through the sound card.  I pretty sure that my
sound card does this and there is a volume control for it.

> changing the Spkr has no effect on anything, Volume changes both line
> out AND speaker jack.  As you say, I would expect line out to be
> constant volume (not controlled by Vol) or have a "gain control", and
> Spkr changed by Spkr/Vol.  At least I would expect them to be changed
> independently or to be able to mute one (Spkr mute doesn't
> work).  If I
> turn the stereo down I can still here the head-set crackling
> way on the
> desk, I would like to be able to turn the head-set off rather than
> groping round back of PC to unplug it.
>
> Steve.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service