[Gllug] [OT] Translate from c++ to c?

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Fri Aug 30 08:52:27 UTC 2002

>Does anyone know if there are any free programs to translate from c++ to c?

Nope. The only one I know of is cfront, which is a) not free, and b)
only runs on obsolete systems :-)

	http://www.unipress.com/toolkit/cfront.html

As an aside, someone's written a program to convert C to C++. No, I don't
know why, either:

	http://scriptol.tuxfamily.org/

>Or, does anyone know if there are any free c++ compilers that can produce
>code for the 8051 series microcontrollers.

Maybe it's just me, but if you're programming a microcontroller, is C++
necessarily the best choice of language? I'd have thought it a tad on
the heavy side. Perhaps that's one reason why you're struggling to find
a compiler...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk