[Gllug] [OT] Translate from c++ to c?

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Fri Aug 30 09:03:29 UTC 2002

I'm interested in how good the code produced is.  I like C++ and there are a
few things that would be nice to do using C++.  Of course I can still do
them in C but it's not as typesafe or encapsulated and it doesn't have
templates.  It's just an investigation really.  There isn't really a reason
that C++ should be more heavyweight if you stay away from inheritance and
possibly exceptions although exceptions are too useful to me.

Anyway, talking about heavy languages for embedded systems, how about
real-time java which we were introduced to at uni!  We didn't actually use
it on real chips but we examined a number of langugaes so that the corse
wasn't language specific (as it was supposed to be on Real-Time systems and
not on a real-time system programming language).

> Tet

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk