[Gllug] Icewm

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Mon Aug 26 16:40:14 UTC 2002

At 18:02 +0200 2002-08-23, John Hearns wrote:
>I just downloaded icewm, as I was looking for a window manager
>which uses less resources on my 64Mbyte :-( laptop
>Gnome and evolution were not doing its little memory any good
>at all...
>
>I like icewm! Initial impressions of the look and feel are good.
>

>http://www.icewm.org if you want to give it a whirl.

I did! But I fell at the first fence!

./configure
checking for gcc... gcc

checking for strtoul... no
checking for basename... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking types of arguments for select... int,fd_set *,struct timeval *
checking for X... no
configure: error: X Window System not found

Ho hum; back to "twm" :-)

Gordo

--
Linux User No. 256022///