[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Aug 5 22:47:06 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 23:05, Nix wrote:
> On 05 Aug 2002, John Hearns moaned:
> > Much though I like Evo, it does have the habit of throwing fits from
> > time to time.
>
> This does *not* make me more willing to use it :(

IMAP is good enough protection, I find, for almost any email client
problem. Cyrus IMAPd allows server-side filtering, so there's even less
reason to worry about your email client exploding.

I do prefer Evolution to any other email client I've ever used, when it
behaves, which it usually does. The RedHat builds seem remarkably
stable, unless other IMAP clients are using your mailstore at the same
time.

Having said that, I've just switched to RawHide, and I'm not certain
what might happen now. :-)

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk