[Gllug] OT: Online Natwest banking

Colin Murphy SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 5 21:19:11 UTC 2002

On Monday 05 August 2002 6:19 pm, Simon Stewart wrote:
> Yeah, it's off topic. So shoot me. And it ties into the Argos thread.
>
> Spent a part of the day today on the phone to Natwest, once again
> picking them up their lack of support for alternative browsers. Since
> I know that this list probably has some quite active "linux based
> browser" users, can I please ask those of you who bank with Natwest to
> give them a prod?

Tried this back in March.  If their reply sounds hollow, well, you
know......

On Friday 08 March 2002 10:29 am, Colin Murphy wrote:
> On Friday 08 March 2002 10:25 am, will wrote:

> > > I use it but it's crap.  It won't work with Netscrap 6, Mozilla,
> > > Opera or anything much appart from IE and Netscape 4 I think.
> > >
> > > On the other hand, HSBC's online bank is much better and seems to
> > > work OK in Mozilla and Opera.
> >
> > I have been using the HSBC online banking for ages in mozilla and it
> > is fine.  I would recommend it even :-)
>
> OK. Threatening letter about me moving my account unless the NatWest
> buck their ideas up is on the way, not that it'll do much good, bunch of
> money grabbing bast......

Oh well, no real surprise, apart from getting a response!

Subject: RE: NatWest.com Personal Finances - Service Complaint/Comment
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:06:20 -0000
From: "~ Feedback (NW OnLine Banking)" <#Feedback at natwest.com>

Dear Mr Murphy

Thank you for your message received via our web site.

We currently have no plans to support Linux for NatWest Online Banking.
However, I have passed your comments on to our development team for
information and review.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely

N Tooke

Harrogate E-Messaging Team

The contents of this e-mail may be privileged and are confidential.  It
 may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee (s),
 nor copied in anyway.  If received in error, please advise the sender and
 delete it from your system.

National Westminster Bank PLC is regulated by the Personal Investment
Authority and IMRO for investment business.  A member of the NatWest and
Gartmore Marketing Group advising on the life assurance, pensions and unit
trusts products only of that Marketing Group.

Registered Office: 135 Bishopsgate London EC2M 3UR Registered Number:
 929027 England
--
Colin Murphy
SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

--
Colin Murphy
SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk