[Gllug] r.e. BT ADSL router 5861

Stuart Aird stuart at zizigy.net
Sat Aug 24 10:59:46 UTC 2002

Hello, I saw your post at
http://list.ftech.net/pipermail/gllug/2002-February.txt and so I thought
that I would write on the off chance that you have any info on the routers
further to what you wrote, especialy regarding the BT set-up, I have had an
intrusion into my network from outside, my router was mearly routing packets
backwards and forwards for my linux box that does NAT, but someone who
hacked into my server has then hacked into the BT box, as if i visit a web
page or make any network request it appears to come from the i.p. of my
router, as apposed to from my server that does NAT, I presume that because
they were comeing into the router from the inside, I am presumeing trusted
interface(10 BaseT), that the router has allowed them to log on to it, any
ideas etc ?

Do you know if the unmodified BT router uses the same comand structure as
the comercial product ?

ok Thanks in advance for any help or light that you might shed on the
situation,

Stuart

stuart at zizigy.net

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk