Abuse, was [Gllug] Argos site

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 12:15:44 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 19:10, David Damerell wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 Jul 2002, Stephen Harker wrote:
> >I know how to use a search engine.
> >Why even bother having a mailing list if we can all just google everything.
>
> For the stuff you can't find out in 30 seconds with Google. Again,
> this ought to be obvious.

Hi Dave,

For the record:

Many here may be too polite to say so, but I'm a loud crass Antipodean, so I
don't care: You're amazing. Do you talk to your friends and family like that?

For God's sake will you turn down the vitriol on your posts please and stop
treating people like idiots. If you're so incredibly intelligent, piss off
and write a book instead of intimidating the lesser citizens on this list.

It was inextinguishably, insufferably arrogant pricks like you that spurred
the invention of the boxing bag. I sincerely hope never to meet you in person
for fear of putting you in hospital.

This list is for sharing knowledge, not for taking the piss out of people who
(you think might) know less than you. Get a grip.

Cheers,

Jonathan Harker.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk