[Gllug] Bletchley Park trip - 18th August?

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Fri Aug 9 09:20:09 UTC 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Richard Cohen wrote:

[snip]
> Apparently there might be engineering works which would affect the trains,
> but barring that, I propose those who want to take the train meet at Euston
> at maybe 11ish on the Sunday, and those who want to go under their own steam
> aim to meet us there at around 12?

Okay, there are engineering works going on :-(  Busses replacing trains
between Hemel Hempstead and Milton Keynes...  Apparently the journey would
be around 1hour40mins, and trains leave Euston at 9 past and 39 past the
hour.  We should probably aim for the 1039 train in that case...  Carpooling
would also probably be a good idea - can be done on the Wiki if anyone is
interested.

> Let's make it happen this year! :-)

One suggestion I had when I mentioned this to people was that Bletchley is
pretty accessible from Birmingham and Oxford too, so it would be nice to
invite the LUGs there to come along.  Alasdair (hey, agk!) is probably a
good person to talk to Oxford, but I don't know any techies in Brum.  Does
anyone know anyone, or should I try to get in touch with them?  And are
there any other LUGs which you think might be interested?

> Cheers
> Richard

Yes, replying to myself...  I know - I'll go stand in the corner now :-)

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk