[Gllug] Extremely large fonts

Stan stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 23 17:54:20 UTC 2002

> Jackson, Harry (HJackson at colt-telecom.com) apparently wrote:
> > From: Stan [mailto:stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk]
> >
> > AArgh something has gone wrong.  Galeon and Mozilla are both
> > displaying FORM fonts REALLY REALLY big...makes the web completely
> > unusable.  I've tried reseting my config files but it doesn't make any
> > difference.  Where should I start looking?
>
> If you are using KDE I believe that there is quite a lot of functions under
> the control centre for fonts etc, I am sure I have seen something about web
> browsing fonts in there but I may be wrong. Have a look in there to see if
> anything has changed.

Should have provided more details:

I use enlightenment (xinerama) 3 heads (on debian woody)
I haven't installed anything new
I did recently have a play using other window managers (gnome, kde,
asclassic)

More detailed analysis shows that using this machine over XDCMP(?)
everything is fine.  Also when a different user logs onto this machine
(using KDE2) the same huge font effect is seen.  I've tried restarting
X and restarting xfs but this didn't clear it up.

What did happen to clear it up was me powering it down to move HDs
(I'll be getting a firewire card and caddy soon).  I dislike this as a
solution (the only acceptable reason to restart should be kernel
change, hardware change/failure).

I'll have a go at replicating the problem next week...but then where
would I look to sort it out?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk