[Gllug] Problems with Apache + PHP + GD

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Aug 21 13:36:49 UTC 2002

James Bailey(baileyj at bournemouth.ac.uk)@Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 02:27:51PM +0100:
> --SNIP---
> not true, if you did ./configure;make;make install
> it'll end up in /usr/local.
> --SNIP---
>
> Where did you get your gd from? The tar.gz I got did not have a
> configure script. The readme said to do a make install only and it would
> sort out the rest?
>
> May be that's where I'm going wrong :)

oops, i'm making a fool of myself again.
i havent used gd myself, i was making the assumption that it used the
normalized build method.  e.g. ./configure

have a look in the Makefile then, and see where it prefixes the install
to.  it sounds very much like you have two copies of gd installed, and
when compiling in support for it apache selected incorrectly on your
behalf which one to utilize.

you could do an strace -f of apache, and see which libgd it attempts to
load.  thats me assuming its built as a shared object.

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 It matters not whether you win or lose;
 what matters is whether I win or lose.