[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Tue Aug 6 19:08:47 UTC 2002

Ian Scott <ian.scott at mediasurface.com> writes:

> > > It's bad because emacs is evil and vi is the One True Way.
> > >
> > > There, that should have stirred things up a bit. Sit back and let
> > > the flames commence :-)
> >
> > Now is the time to visit your local weapons shop, and choose your
> > friends.
> >
> > Of course, any sensible weapons shop would be firmly locked
> > against emacs users
> > http://members.aol.com/sfandfbookclub/weapon_shops_of_isher.htm
> > :
> >

> Pah - I'm sure emacs has a module for built in weapons.

Actually, it seems to go one better: it has a module for making
long-term plans (using EmacsWiki as the database), enabling Emacs users
to plot the downfall of ciVIlization as we (or "they") know it. The
documentation for planner.el is ... interesting.

Mind you, according to the docs, emacs is scheduled to get
search-backward-in-time somewhere in the 22nd century - worth hanging in
for...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
                                 London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk