[Gllug] Ion and "windows key" keybinding?

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Tue Aug 27 20:51:56 UTC 2002

Although I said I was using XFce, I'm back to playing with Ion again
that someone suggested last year.  I open so many windows I got tied of
having to manually rearrange them with the mouse. I like the way I can
do everything from the keyboard with Ion, but I don't like (can't
remember) the keybindings used.  I haven't changed keybindings before
but there is a file that defines them for Ion.  What I would like to
know is how do I find out what key the "windows command key" is, the one
with the MS window flag on it?

Using showkey it gives "125", but I don't think this is what I'm looking
for and I think this is for the console not for X.  I've read the
keyboard/console how-to but now I'm more confused.  There must be some
way I can turn it into a modifier key or find out the correct code to
use that Ion understands. Actually the other keys like "arrow up/down"
are ones I would like to use as well.

Pointers at the right places to start reading are appreciated.

thanks
Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk